Signature Weddings. Stylish Events.
Picture getting married by a roaring fire eating s’mores sitting on the banks of a quiet river. Whether you met as a couple at summer camp or want to be inspired by your favorite memories, a campground wedding is your ideal setting for a relaxed and intimate wedding. Your guests can spend the weekend and turn the occasion into a fun, getaway from the city with activities like canoeing, visiting historic Lewisburg, seeing covered bridges and Amish buggies, and of course, roasting marshmallows.
Who wouldn’t love to be surrounded by their friends and family under the stars in the great outdoors? The idea that you can have all your guests in the same venue for an entire weekend is just too appealing for some brides to resist. And there are no rules when it comes to taking your nuptials outdoors.
Your guests can camp in RVs or cabins or tents, or there are nearby hotels. You can celebrate the whole weekend. Your friends and family can socialize by campfires in between different events. Whether fishing or going antiquing is the favorite activity, your guests will be comfortable at Steel Steeds campground. We are located close to the amenities you need as a bride - photographers, florists, make-up and hair.
Events & Galas
Some families also like the idea of having a wedding and reception in a campground because it can be a more affordable venue than a hotel. Many also like being able to having a lengthy reception and not have to worry about their guests drinking and driving, since they can simply spend the night at the campground.
We can cater some of the meals for your reception or if you prefer to do your own cooking then borrow our grills. Still other wedding parties opt to have their meals provided by outside caterers.
Parties & Celebrations
1. How many daytime visitors do you expect to have?
2. How many overnight visitors do you expect to have?
3. How many of those overnighters need sleeping quarters?
4. How many of those overnighters will bring their own sleeping accommodations?
5. Will your attendees be at the event all day or in and out?
6. How much parking space will you need (bikes vs. cars)? Note that parking may be limited.
7. Will you be planning any types of field events?
8. Are you planning any types of riding activities (such as: poker run, covered bridge tour, scenic rides?)
9. How many restroom facilities do you expect to need? (possible additional rental fees for porta-potties will apply)